Potato Croquettes with ham and cheese
Potato croquettes with ham and cheese for all potato lovers! Try this easy recipe and enjoy the best potato croquettes with a crunchy crust and an incomparable taste!
For the potato croquettes with ham and cheese you will need:
1 kg potatoes
3 green fresh onions
120 g gruyere / parmesan
320 g ham /smoked turkey
2 egg yolks
Some flour and breadcrumbs for the breading
2 egg whites and an egg yolk
Oil for frying
1. Peel the potatoes , cut them into big pieces and simmer them in lightly salted water until tender (20 minutes)
2. While the potatoes are boiling, cut the fresh onions , the ham into small cubes and grate the cheese .
3. Once the potatoes are ready drain them and then add them into a big mixing bowl. Crush them with a fork and let them cool down for a moment.
4. Add the onions, the cheese, ham and egg yolks and mix well.
5. Shape them into small balls 6. For the breading : Put the flour, the breadcrumbs and the eggs into three separate bowls. First put the croquettes in the flour. Remove any excess. Then coat in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs.
Watch the Video here:
Recipe Tip: At this stage you can freeze the croquettes. Place them in an open pan that fits in your freezer , allowing some space between them. Once frozen put them in bags or any other container and keep in the freezer.
Frying: Heat oil in a deep frying pan or saucepan. Fry the croquettes in batches for 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper. The croquettes are ready to serve!
* If you have put your croquettes in the freezer, let them in room temperature for some time before frying them, so that you are sure they are well cooked inside.
Looking for the perfect dessert? Check my favorite orange pie here.
Rectangular grey plate from IKEA.